Ford F-150 Lightning part of AutoTrader's "Best New Cars for 2022"

2022-Ford-F-150-Lightning-front-3_4-1024x742.jpeg

In 2021, the Ford Lightning was the most anticipated EV release of the year. Now Ford has EV competition this year with GMC and Rivian. All 3 EV's (the only car on the list was Hyundais' loniq 5) have been named "Best New Cars for 2020." The Lightning is planning to start delivering in the Spring of this year (2022) and customers have been ordering the EV on Ford's Order Bank since late January. According to AutoTrader:

“Combining the popularity of the F-150 pickup with the capability off an all-electric vehicle creates a real winner. With Ford’s Intelligent Backup Power, over-the-air software updates, and 11 power outlets available, this version of the F-150 is the perfect tool for both consumers and contractors. Bonus points for the large ‘Frunk.'”

AutoTrader said in its release of the list that with so many great and competitive options on the market today, car buying is more confusing than ever. As the industry is beginning to shift toward a more pivotal role for electric cars, the list hand selects the twelve most competitive choices based on over 300 options.

Will be interesting to see which one ends up being the #1 on the list at the end of 2022. Any guesses on who will have the title?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think it's the best looking EV truck out there so far. Look forward on seeing one in person.

Iceman

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I think it's the best looking EV truck out there so far. Look forward on seeing one in person.
Saw one at the Waste Management Open, but they had the area closed off for some reason so I couldn't get any pictures