Lightning versus the Rivian

Coronaraptor

Reaction score
Was curious what others thought of the competition, the Rivian is supposed to be delivered to customers in just over a month.
The driving range is comparable to the Lightning at just over 300 miles for the 2021, with the 2022 model increased to 400 miles.
The Lightning looks so much better than the Rivian, but the Rivian does come standard with either a power or manual tonneau cover.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Was curious what others thought of the competition, the Rivian is supposed to be delivered to customers in just over a month.
The driving range is comparable to the Lightning at just over 300 miles for the 2021, with the 2022 model increased to 400 miles.
The Lightning looks so much better than the Rivian, but the Rivian does come standard with either a power or manual tonneau cover.

I think Rivian is push the truck to be more offroad the the lightning. We will see how that goes. I know there are a few offroad test drives on YT, but I'm curious how the lightning will do aswell.

Coronaraptor

Reaction score
Is GM still building the electric Hummer? 1000 hp or something, what is that an hour of runtime? LOL

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is GM still building the electric Hummer? 1000 hp or something, what is that an hour of runtime? LOL

Yep they are, but not sure when its coming out. Heard it was going to be a limited run, but also heard that it will try to compete with the other EV trucks and build alot more.

10SpdsOfFury

Reaction score
Have you guys seen “The Long Way UP” with Ewan McGregor and his best friend. They rode electric Harleys and the film crew pre production Rivians, also Rivian put in the chargers for the trip. Great series and great scenery.

Last edited:

Coronaraptor

Reaction score
That's cool. Would love to do a trip like that, bet they needed security going through some of those countries or they wouldn't be with us today.

Reaction score
Have you guys seen “The Long Way UP” with Ewan McGregor and his best friend. They rode electric Harleys and the film crew pre production Rivians, also Rivian put in the chargers for the trip. Great series and great scenery.

I watched that series and really enjoyed it. There were some tense moments, and I'm sure other incidents hit the cutting room floor, some of which included trying to cross borders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chesterpen